Well, believe it or not, I survived our winter youth conference. It was a lot of work and it was very cold but we did it!!! It made me really appreciate what the Willie and Martin Handcart companies had to go through. I had my nice snow boots and snow pants and coat with gloves and all sorts of clothing. They had very little to keep them warm. The youth in our ward were great sports about it. Even when they found out we had to pack our stuff a mile up a steep hill of brand new snow. (For those of you who don't know, hiking in new snow is just as bad, if not worse than the sand at the beach). But we did it!!!
And at the dance that night our girls saw a side of me that I think they didn't really know existed. I pulled out all of my "stake dance moves" from when I was a youth and they thought that was pretty funny. I kept telling them, "What goes on at youth conference STAYS at youth conference!" That didn't last long because on Sunday, Brother Roberts (the young men's president) bore his testimony, and he shared some of the things he learned at youth conference, including the fact that I had a few dance moves up my sleeve!!! It was a lot of fun and our youth are such great kids. They don't need leaders. I think our youth keep the LEADERS in line!!! J
2 comments:
You look good for just climbing a mountain, or maybe all that dancing has just given you a "youthful" glow. :)
Anne, I am impressed, you must be in a very good shape! You look so good by the way! That's so true about some of the youth nowdays. Some of my young women teach ME things all the time!
Post a Comment