Monday, July 21, 2008

DIY--Conquering our house, one project at a time!

Adam has been working very hard this summer on some big house projects. His first one has been to install new windows in our house (our old ones were so thin and hard to open). All of the windows are in, but we still have some finishing touches to do. He also has installed new entry way doors (so we can finally have a deadbolt lock).



Here are the old ugly ones.









And the new ones:











When we get everything finished and painted, we'll post pictures of them. It's nothing fancy, but it makes such a difference in our old little house.


Last spring, before I had the baby, I really wanted to have a dishwasher to help sanitize baby stuff. Since our kitchen didn't have a place for a dishwasher, Adam tore out all of the cabinets and sink and installed new ones (almost comepletely by himself--I was way too pregnant to help). He finished about a week before I had the baby--and out kitchen looks so much nicer.

Here is a picture of the old ugly cabinets.

And here are the new ones. (Yes, the kitchen is still a mess in the "after pictures", but keep in mind that I had a baby just days after Adam finished).






Meanwhile, I'm grateful Adam is willing to take on projects like this. He's worked so hard on our house (I'm way too lazy, and our house needs a lot of work--but it'll get there someday).


Project on deck: Sprinklers!!!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, I am so impressed. Your new windows look great and your kitchen is so wonderful! I am so glad you all got a dishwasher before your baby came.

Angela said...

Go Adam! It's nice to have someone who will take care of projects like that:)

leslie jo said...

It's looking great! New windows are great and save lots of money in the long run!

Erka said...

Way to go Adam! I am pretty sure your heating bill will be a lot less this comming winter!
Anne, you were lucky to have the dishwasher installed before Millie came. I didn't have one till Julia was 14 months old! We finally bought a portable one, because we'd really had it without one!