Monday, August 25, 2008

It's like being a teenager all over again!

So, as many of you know, one of my absolute favorite t.v. shows is, "So you think you can dance". I even like it better than American Idol, because ALL of the top 20 dancers are so good (you don't end up with that one contestant that you wonder how they ever got on the show in the first place and can't wait for them to get voted off--that doesn't happen on SYTYCD--they're all good). Maybe because I love dancing--I don't know. I just LOVE the show.

Anyway, the other night, at the SCERA shell theatre in Orem, they had sort of a dance recital for the Center Stage dance studio. That studio just happens to be owned by Ashly Delgrosso's mom (from Dancing with the Stars) and where Ashly used to teach dance. I think it's also where a number of Utah finalists on SYTYCD and other dance shows studied dance. So, they had connections. So, for this dance "recital", they had Chelsie, Gev, and Matt from this year's top 20 SYTYCD. They also had a finalist guy from the "Grease" reality show where they were trying to cast the roles of Danny and Sandy for its next run on Broadway. There was another Utah finalist on a dance reality show on Nickelodeon (I don't remember the name of that show--sunset something?...) Anyway, the Center Stage dancers were really good. And my sister Lyndi and I were in star struck heaven. It was fun.

But the best part of all was when we got to get pictures with our fav stars from SYTYCD. Even if we could have afforded tickets to the touring show, I don't think we could have gotten this close to talk to them. We suddenly turned into gigglyteenagers (even though we're both married moms and way too old to be doing stuff like this). It was still a ton of fun. And bless Adam's heart, he came with us and just laughed at how silly we were. Luv ya!!!


Here we are with Chelsie. She's so tiny. And don't ask me what that look was on my face. I think I was trying to smile while trying to control my nerves at meeting somebody famous and it came out in that weird look on my face.


And here we are with Matt. My smile is a little better in this one (especially since Lyndi photoshopped our teeth so that they didn't look so yellow compared to Matt's pearly whites--true story).

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is so awesome! That is so cool that you got to meet them and get pictures:)

Angela said...

THat is funny Lyndi p.s'ed your teeth! lol. It looks like it was exciting-I knew I should have gone:)

Lyndi said...

SHHH...You're not supposed to tell. Our teeth are totally natural (and only about four shades lighter than the picture with Chelsie.)