Thursday, March 19, 2009

CA trip

Here are some pics of our CA trip a couple of weeks ago. It was a lot of fun, but Lyndi and I both agree that it shouldn't count as our yearly CA beach trip (the beach was WAY too cold). We'll have to scrape our pennies together to see if we can go again.

We stopped off at a park on the way down to give the kids a break. They had a really great time.


My sister Diana and her baby Kalliegh.

We were tired of driving, so we decided to let my nephew Liam drive for a while.


And since he's driving, we thought we'd drug him, too.

Diana's husband Tom had to show off his mad playground skills!


Grandpa tried really hard to get Millie to sit on his lap in the swing. You can see how she felt about that.




One of the reasons for going to CA, was to go to my high school friend Yvette's baby shower. I think she looks great pregnant. I also got to see another friend from HS, Melinda. It's pretty intimidating standing in a picture next to these two gorgeous ladies.


Here is my nephew Aiden and Millie sitting at the doorstep of our former neighbor Erin's house. That's where we used to go swimming every summer afternoon. We would sit at her gate and wait for her to get home so we could go swimming--everyday. What a kind woman she was!

Here is our old house where we grew up. It looks NOTHING like it did when we lived there. It looks way better.


We did stop off at the beach. Here is my nephew Liam who thoroughly enjoyed eating the sand.


My brother-in-law Tom was really cute with the kids at the beach. Here they are feeding the seagulls.


We also stopped by the Newport Beach Temple. It's so pretty there.



Here are my parents in front of the temple.



1 comment:

Gigi said...

I love looking at your family pics. Thanks for posting them. And I have to tell you I laughed out loud when I got to the pic of sweet Liam driving...and then your comment about the tylenol.