I was wondering if any of you have any advice about baby gates. We have two sets of stairs (one by our front door and one in our kitchen by the side door). We have already put up a gate for the front door stairs. The gate is an evenflo one and it was about $35 at Walmart. It's okay, but it's a little bit difficult to open, especially with one hand--like when I'm carrying the baby.
The stairs that we use the most are the ones in the kitchen by the side door. And now we need a gate for those stairs--one that is easy for us to open, especially with one hand, but that will still keep Millie out. Any suggestions? I don't really care what it looks like, just that it works well. And at this point, I don't care what it costs (within reason, of course).
4 comments:
I had that one that screwed into the wall that I don't remember it being that difficult to open. Granted I did usually just step over it since it wasn't next to stairs. I got it at Babies 'R' Us and I remember they had a lot of choices. I don't know if that was at all helpful but there's my two cents.
I hear Target has some that screw into the wall that can be opened with one hand too. I think they cost about $45, but work really well. We are in desperate need of one too, so I think this weekend we are going to be in search for a baby gate as well!
I just had to buy a few myself and one I got is called sure and secure and it is extra tall. It is about 36" tall and it has extentions included. It is easy to open for adults and it swings shut by itself. It is $60 and it is really easy to set up. Here is a link. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265806
I don't have stairs but it says it works for stairs but you have to screw in in for that.
The other one I bought is also okay but it is short and harder to open with one hand but works shuts on it own better. Here is that link: http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=112696&RN=7072&
Also, this website is a good baby one that often has sales and a flat shipping rate: www.babyage.com
Thanks, everyone! We went to Babies 'R' Us the other day, and there were a lot of choices, but it's hard to know what works well and what doesn't. I wish they had them on display like they do the strollers so that you can try them out. But, I'll check out Target and the websites that Bonnie suggested. Thanks, again!
Post a Comment