Sunday, March 9, 2008

Baby Proof?

So, as Millie gets better and better at crawling around, she also gets more and more curious. We've finally put up a gate at the top of our stairs and put a net across the banister to keep her from falling down the stairs. (She's been crawling toward the stairs all week long!) We've also bought a bunch of those little plastic things to put in the electrical sockets. Funny thing, though. Adam was putting one into one of the sockets in the kitchen and was in the process of saying, "I don't think she'll be able to get them out very easily." At that very moment, Millie had found another socket that we'd already done and yanked the plastic thing right out of the socket without any problem at all. Baby proof? Hah! More like adult proof.

5 comments:

Lyndi said...

Yeah those little fingers can pry anything off. I think they do make some that are harder to get off though.

Brandy said...

Find a different brand. We have some that are so hard to get out we have to get a butter knife to pry them out! I can't wait to see you guys again.. sometime! You're in trouble now that millie is mobile!

Erka said...

It gets even worse as they get a bit older. We are not allowed to leave any doors open in our house. Otherwise in just a matter of minutes we might find every drawer in the house completely emptied, every book on the floor, the whole toilet paper roll all over the bathroom, all of my makeup on the floor and opened... I don't know, I am getting desperate in case you can't tell!

Bonnie said...

We bought outlet cases that actual goes over the whole outlet and are attached with a screw. They work great but can be a pain sometimes.

Anne-a-Belle said...

Thanks everybody for your advice.