
So, I guess I've been tagged by Erka and Lyndi. They both had different questions, so here is "Erka's Tag". I'll get to Lyndi's in my next post.
What's his name?
Adam—which is a good, sturdy name. I had a hard time picturing myself with someone who had a flimsy or feminine name (like Cory or Rory).
How long have you been together?
We just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary in February.
How long did you date?
We started dating in June of 2003 and were engaged in September of 2003 and married in February of 2004. So we were engaged longer than we dated.
Who eats more?
I'm not sure. When Adam is hungry, he can pack it away, but I have a tendency to eat all day long (especially when I'm at home!)
Who said I love you first?
I waited until Adam said it, and by that time, we were almost engaged. Since we were already making wedding plans, he figured that it wasn't too soon to say it. He moved about as slow as molasses.
Who is taller?!
Adam at 6' 1". I'm 5' 8". (I like him tall).
Who is smarter?
I used to think I was, but now I think it depends. Definitely, when it comes to computers, Adam teaches me stuff all of the time.
Who does laundry?
Usually, I do.
Who does the dishes?
Again, usually me. That's why I made Adam install a dishwasher!! J
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
It depends who is on baby duty.
Who pays the bills?
Adam. I only pay bills if it's someone else's money (at work).
So who mows the lawn?
Adam. I think I mowed half the lawn once.
Who cooks dinner?
Usually me, because I'm usually the one home. If Adam is home before me, then he gets to do it.
Who drives when you are together?
Adam. I'm just the back seat driver that freaks out when I think he doesn't brake soon enough, or when he's going too fast. I'd be so annoyed driving with me in the car. I get it from my mom. (my sister does it, too).
Who is more stubborn?
Adam would try to insist he is, but we all know who would win in the end.
Who kissed who first?
Adam kissed me first, but it took forever for him to finally make a move!!! And, he was so nervous when he kissed me, it was the most awkward kiss in the history of the world (he'd even tell you that). But it got better after that.
Who asked out who first?
I actually asked him out first. I think it was toward the beginning of the school year in 2002. And we had a really awkward date where neither of us talked. Adam was just quiet, and he wasn't really interested in me (I think he liked another girl at that time, and he's a one woman type of man). We went to a play and since I was studying theatre, all I could think of to say were nerdy theatre-esque things like, "That was an interesting costume choice for that character" and "what do you think the lighting design says about the theme of the play?" blah, blah, blah. I could not think of anything NORMAL to say. So, we said nothing. Considering our first date, it's amazing we ever ended up together—and for your information, it wasn't until the following summer that things started heating up between us.
Who proposed?
Adam. And funny thing, for all of our awkward dates and first kisses, Adam did a very sweet job of proposing. (He says he came up with it all by himself). Over the summer, we had taken a number of walks down the provo river. There is a spot where you can go and sit on a rock right next to the river. We went there and sat and talked on the rock. Adam pulled out a red book of love poems. He read a sweet love poem about being in his arms for eternity and tied to the ribbon bookmark was the ring. And, in my opinion, it was the prettiest ring ever. I still haven't found a ring that I think is prettier.
Who has more siblings?
Adam is number 6 of 7. I am number 5 of 6. So, Adam by one.
Who wears the pants in the family?
There are very few times where Adam has a strong opinion one way or the other. When he does, I try to let him have his way. Otherwise, I'm usually the one that determines what we do and when and how we do it. I think I like it that way J.
2 comments:
Oh sure, you do Erka's tag first.
you're my sister. you HAVE to forgive me.
Post a Comment